Preschool and Prekindergarten
- Registration for 2017-18 will open to the public on Saturday, March 11, 2017, from 8:00-11:00 a.m.; gates open by 7:00 a.m.
- Returning families who are currently registered in the program may register early the week of February 13-17, 2017; information and registration packets will be distributed through your child's instructor.
- DVUSD employees may register early on Friday, March 10, 2017, from 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Registration forms may be picked up in advance in the reception area of the District Office or downloaded here:
If you prefer, you may complete the forms at the District Office when you come to register. You will need to bring the following:
- Complete emergency information, including full names and telephone number for:
- Healthcare Provider
- A minimum of two emergency contacts other than the parents. In the event you can not provide two emergency contacts, AZ Child Protective Services and the local Police Department will be used as your emergency contacts
- A photocopy of your child’s immunization record
- A photocopy of your child's birth certificate
- Custody papers, if applicable
Tuition and Fees
- $40 non-refundable registration fee per child
- General Education Preschool and Prekindergarten
- $255* per month tuition for half day, morning or afternoon
- $540* per month tuition for full day
- $100 per month A.M. extended care, available at high school sites
- $100 per month P.M. extended care, available at high school sites
- $100 per month extended mid-day, through lunch, meal not included
- All Programs
- $25 fee for each change made to enrollment after registration
- 10% multiple child discount (on second child) in a Community Education Preschool program
- 10% DVUSD employee discount (only one discount may be applied)
- $15 late payment fee $15 plus $1 per minute for late pick-up
Age and Readiness Requirements for Preschool and Prekindergarten
All children must be potty trained prior to enrolling. Preschool is for children age 3 as of the first day of school. Prekindergarten is for children age 4 as of August 31st. Children reaching their 3rd birthday after the start of school, and not later than August 31st, may attend upon turning 3. Children turning age 3 or 4 on or after September 1st and before January 1st will be subject to assessment once they have reached qualifying age, and prior to entering a program. A child assessed into a 3-year old program can return to a 3-year old program the next year; they will not be eligible for a 4-year old program. A child who is assessed early into Preschool/PreK is not automatically eligible for early entry into Kindergarten. Please visit http://www.dvusd.org//site/Default.aspx?PageID=30453 for information on early entry Kindergarten. All other eligibility requirements must be met as well.
A combination Preschool/Pre-K program for 3-5 year olds is offered at Arrowhead, Boulder Creek HS, Desert Mountain, Mirage, and Paseo Hills. Greenbrier Elementary, Mountain Ridge HS and Sandra Day O’Connor HS all offer separate Preschool and Prekindergarten classes for half or full day. All other locations are PreK.
All Community Education programs are solely funded through the tuition fees and therefore, are subject to minimum enrollment and may be cancelled if this is not met.
Philosophy and Goals
A child is a unique individual. Our preschools provide a play-based environment, which promotes the physical, mental, social, emotional, and creative development of each child. We encourage children to express their individuality by offering developmentally appropriate experiences that:
- Encourage self-esteem and self-reliance
- Develop an interest and joy in learning
- Enhance communication skills
- Support concept development
- Develop fine and gross motor skills
- Develop self control and responsibility
- Encourage appropriate interactions with fellow preschoolers and adults
- Teach problem solving and decision making skills
- Encourage the child to have concern for others
- Emphasize the cultural values and individual backgrounds of the home and family
We believe that young children are our most valuable resource for the future. We encourage active learning with opportunities for self esteem, enhancement, discovery and decision making in preparation for a successful transition into kindergarten.
Our programs assist children 3, 4, & 5 years old to grow academically, intellectually, socially and emotionally. They are designed to promote enjoyment through work and play, refine gross and fine motor skills, promote physical coordination and encourage creativity and development. Hours of operation vary by location.
Contact Community Education by email or call the following Account Representatives:
Account Representative to
Contact for Service
Mountain Ridge HS
Boulder Creek HS
Sandra Day O'Connor HS