Youth Transition Program
The Deer Valley Unified School District (DVUSD) Youth Transition Program (YTP) is a partnership between DVUSD and RSA to provide services to a select group of students with disabilities during their high school years. The YTP team will provide services until the student exits high school. The VR Counselor will continue to Support the student until the student is successful in their post-academic goal/career area.
Ideal YTP Student
- Ability to work unsupervised without long term support
- Motivated/Positive Attitude
- Need for additional transition skills
- Unsure or unrealistic career goals
- Behavioral self-motivated
- Eligible for VR services / Documented Disability
The DVUSD Youth Transition Program teams with students, families, communities and vocational rehabilitation to facilitate a plan to bridge high school students to future career opportunities.
Goals and Objectives
- 75% of the students develop realistic employment goals based on their Individual Plan for Employment upon graduation from school.
- 90% of the students will participate in a job shadow or community exposure based on their career goal.